Its vacation time here in the United States. Lots of families are out and about visiting friends and extended family while checking out some of the great sites in the USA. I hope that you’re enjoying some time off during these summer months.
I live in Utah and like much of the country, it’s scorching hot here right now. If you’re planning on being outside a great deal or you’re going traveling in the near future, there are a number of great apps for you to consider installing on your Android Phone that could come in handy in helping you stay on track with your health and fitness goals or help you get out of a difficult situation when something unexpected happens involving your health. All of the five apps presented below are free, so check them out and put them to use.
5 Free Health-Related Apps For Your Android Phone
1. Fooducate Healthy Weight Loss by Fooducate, Ltd. Over one million downloads for our first app have been made with outstanding reviews. Fooducate has developed an app that will help you lose weight, track your progress and eat REAL food. That sounds great. It describes the app as the only one out there that looks beyond the calorie and helps you eat healthy and tasty foods. Scan the barcode of a particular item and this app will let you know what’s in your food and even suggest healthier alternatives. This app has been featured by numerous media outlets and even Oprah! Give it a try.
2. Healthy Recipes Free by Riafy Technologies. Our second recommended app helps us to eat healthy by providing recipes for great tasting healthy meals. Use this app to take your menu planning to a higher level. Create healthier meals and snacks for everyone in your family with these well-received recipes.
3. Water Your Body by Northpark. Do you drink enough water? Hopefully, you’re drinking more than you used to after our blog post in June (last month). This app will help remind you to drink water regularly and even tracks your water drinking habits. Simply by entering your current weight, Water Your Body will help you determine just how many glasses of water that you need to consume each day. When you have finished drinking a glass of water, you’ll need to add another to this app. I also really like the sound effects that help remind you to drink some more water.
4. Calorie Counter — My Fitness Pal. This app has received outstanding ratings from almost 700,000 reviewers. Many concur that this app is the best one around for helping you take those extra pounds off. It has a really fast data entry system for entering food information and keeping track of exercise.
5. WebMD for Android by WebMD, LLC. Over five million people have downloaded this app. It’s a must-have app if you’re out and about a lot as it provides 24/7 access to vital health information and decision-support tools such as WebMD’s Sympton Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. And get this — you don’t need a wireless connection to take advantage of these outstanding features.
Inspirational Fitness Infographic
Thanks for stopping by! More soon…